retailer headquartered in El Segundo, California with 420 stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada
Big 5 Sporting Goods, Inc. Type Publicly owned corporation Traded as NASDAQ: BGFV Industry sporting goods and outdoor gear Founded 1955 (1955) (founded by Maury Liff, original home office Hawthorne, CA) Headquarters El Segundo, CA, California, United States Number of locations 420 Key people Steven G. Miller, CEO Revenue US$897M (FY 2011) Operating income US$34.2M (FY 2011) Net income US$20.6M (FY 2011) Total assets US$392M (FY 2011) Total equity US$151M (FY 2011) Number of employees 9,500 Website big5sportinggoods.com Big 5 Sporting Goods store in Glendale, California
Big 5 Sporting Goods is a sporting goods retailer headquartered in El Segundo, California with 420 stores in Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Steven G. Miller is the Chairman, President, and CEO.
The Big 5 name is derived from its start in 1955 as five Army-Navy surplus stores in Southern California.
In 1988, Sportswest and Sportsland were acquired from Pay 'n Save.
A list of major competitors can be found on this list of sporting goods retailers of the United States.
- ^ Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation Announces Fiscal 2011 First Quarter Results
- ^ a b c Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) annual SEC income statement filing via Wikinvest.
- ^ a b Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) annual SEC balance sheet filing via Wikinvest.
- ^ "Company Profile for Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation (BGFV)". Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- ^ Dow Jones Client Solutions (September 5, 2010). "Investor Relations Home". Big 5 Sporting Goods. Big 5 Sporting Goods, Inc. Archived from the original on 6 September 2010. Retrieved September 5, 2010. Big 5 is the leading sporting goods retailer in western United States, operating stores in 12 states.
This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.