Christian WilkinsChristian Wilkins
(born December 20, 1995) is an American football defensive tackle for the Clemson Tigers. Wilkins
attended Suffield Academy in SuffieldView Wikipedia Article
Christian WilkinsClemson Tigers – No. 42Position Defensive TackleClass SeniorMajor Communications Studies (Graduated, December 2017)Career historyCollege
- 2015 Orange Bowl
- 2016 College Football Playoff National Championship
- 2016 Fiesta Bowl
- 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship
High school Suffield (CT) AcademyPersonal informationBorn: (1995-12-20) December 20, 1995 (age 22)
Springfield, MassachusettsHeight 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)Weight 300 lb (136 kg)Career highlights and awards
- Bill Willis Trophy (2017)
- CFP national champion (2016)
- First team All-American (2016, 2017)
- First team All-ACC (2016, 2017)
Christian Wilkins (born December 20, 1995) is an American football defensive tackle for the Clemson Tigers.
- 1 Early years
- 2 College career
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Wilkins attended Suffield Academy in Suffield, Connecticut. In 35 games in high school he had 253 tackles and 28.5 sacks. Wilkins was rated as a five-star recruit and was ranked among the top players in his class. He committed to play college football at Clemson University.
As a freshman at Clemson in 2015, Wilkins played in 15 games with one start and had 33 tackles and two sacks. As a sophomore in 2016, he was named an All-American by the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA) and was a finalist for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy. Wilkins was part of the Clemson team that defeated top-ranked Alabama in the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship by a score of 35–31.
- ^ staff, Tim Whelan Jr. Daily News. "Framingham's Wilkins living out football dreams at Suffield Academy".
- ^ "The moment that changed Clemson star Christian Wilkins' life".
- ^ "Rivals.com".
- ^ "Suffield's Christian Wilkins commits to Clemson".
- ^ CONNER, DESMOND. "Christian Wilkins The Complete Package At Clemson".
- ^ "Player to watch: Christian Wilkins' versatility anchors Clemson defensive line".
- ^ "Clemson lineman among 5 finalists for Bronko Nagurski Trophy as nation's top defender".
- ^ "College Football Championship - Clemson vs Alabama Box Score, January 9, 2017". Sports Reference. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- Christian Wilkins on Twitter
- Clemson Tigers bio
2016 Clemson Tigers football—consensus national champions
- Ben Boulware
- Austin Bryant
- Kelly Bryant
- Deon Cain
- Clelin Ferrell
- Wayne Gallman
- Greg Huegel
- Mitch Hyatt
- Dexter Lawrence
- Jordan Leggett
- Ray-Ray McCloud
- Trayvon Mullen
- Dorian O'Daniel
- Hunter Renfrow
- Seth Ryan
- Artavis Scott
- Cordrea Tankersley
- Carlos Watkins
- Deshaun Watson
- Christian Wilkins
- Mike Williams
- Head coach
- Dabo Swinney
- Assistant coaches
- Robbie Caldwell
- Tony Elliott
- Marion Hobby
- Danny Pearman
- Michael Reed
- Jeff Scott
- Brent Venables