replace the departing Barrett as the team's starting quarterback after Joe Burrow
transferred. "Dwayne Haskins Jr., one of the top quarterbacks in theView Wikipedia Article
Dwayne HaskinsOhio State Buckeyes – No. 7Position QuarterbackClass SophomoreCareer historyCollege
- Ohio State (2016–present)
High school Bullis SchoolPersonal informationBorn: (1997-05-03) May 3, 1997 (age 21)
Highland Park, New JerseyHeight 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)Weight 218 lb (99 kg)
Dwayne Haskins Jr. (born May 3, 1997) is an American football quarterback for the Ohio State Buckeyes.
- 1 Early years
- 2 College career
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Haskins grew up in Highland Park, New Jersey and moved to Maryland when he was in ninth grade. He attended the Bullis School in Potomac, Maryland. During his career, he passed for 5,308 yards and 54 touchdowns. He originally committed to the University of Maryland to play college football but changed to Ohio State.
Haskins redshirted his first year at Ohio State in 2016. In 2017, he was the backup to J. T. Barrett. He finished the season completing 40 of 57 passes for 565 yards and four touchdowns. Entering 2018, Haskins was considered the favorite to replace the departing Barrett as the team's starting quarterback after Joe Burrow transferred.
College Statistics NCAA Collegiate Career statistics Ohio State Buckeyes
Season Games Record Passing Rushing G GS Comp Att Pct Yards TD Int Rate Att Yards Avg TD 2016 Redshirted 2017 8 0 0–0 40 57 70.2 565 4 1 173.1 24 86 3.6 0 2018 3 3 3–0 66 91 72.5 890 11 1 192.4 7 23 3.3 1 Career 11 3 3–0 106 148 71.6 1,455 15 2 – 31 109 3.5 1 References
- ^ "Dwayne Haskins Jr., one of the top quarterbacks in the country, recaps recent Rutgers visit".
- ^ "Dwayne Haskins Jr., Maryland QB and pupil of Mohamed Sanu, earns Rutgers offer; Knights in top 4".
- ^ "OSU's Haskins ready if need be - News, Sports, Jobs - The Times Leader". www.timesleaderonline.com.
- ^ "Dwayne Haskins is 'Jersey-born' but picks Maryland over Rutgers".
- ^ "Bullis QB Dwayne Haskins, Jr. makes it official with Ohio State football on National Signing Day". Washington Post.
- ^ "Ohio State's QB Haskins steps out of J.T. Barrett's shadow".
- ^ Rabinowitz, Bill. "Ohio State football - Redshirt freshman QB Dwayne Haskins has Buckeye fans excited for future".
- ^ "What we know about Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins from his 2017 passing chart: Buckeyes football analysis".
- ^ "Welcome to the Dwayne Haskins show: What it means for Ohio State".
- ^ May, Tim. "Ohio State football - Joe Burrow's departure puts Dwayne Haskins Jr. in position to start at quarterback".
Ohio State Buckeyes starting quarterbacks